Monday, February 24, 2014

Best EVER!

This week was absolutely incredible. I just... wow. Sister Major and I set some really high goals because of the promised success and blessings that would come of it, and we achieved them all! But before I get ahead of myself, let's just start from the beginning. :)

On Tuesday, our zone leaders asked us to train our zone on Companionship Inventory. It was fun to be able to train even though I'm technically still being trained. We must be doing something right. Haha! I met my first anti-Mormon while tracting! It's weird because I always feel like we are ready for anything, and then we get to this door, and this woman thought she knew what we believed and tried to tell us that what we were telling her wasn't what we believed. I'm pretty sure I know I what I believe. It was a bit frustrating. Oh well! It made my heart pump extra heavy and my hands shake a bit, but it was a good learning experience.

Okay, now on to the really good stuff. :) We put our wonderful investigator, Elizabeth, on date for March 15th! We are so excited for her. She is just so happy about every little bit of the Gospel, and she is so anxious to keep learning! We love her so much, and we can't wait to see her be baptized! She's definitely ready for it. We also had another lesson with the Rodriguez family this week. They are such wonderful people. They gave us some CD's too. One of them is a Catholic Lent Cd, and the other one is... I can't remember what it's called. But it's been fun to listen to them! The 8 year old, Isaac, has been SO interested in the Book of Mormon. He's reading it (as is the rest of the family. We gave them each their own copies to read and study, and they are all using them!), but he wants to understand it better. So we told him what happens in the first few chapters of 1 Nephi, and we drew a family tree, a diagram, some pictures, and wrote down a bunch of information so he could follow it better. He loved that. They're such a wonderful family, and it's so good to see the Spirit that they are feeling.

 "This is Patsy. She taught us how to make cake in a cup
in the microwave! It takes only one minute and was delicious!"
Yes. I cooked. No one died. :)
 On Saturday, we made a goal to get 50 OYM's (Open Your Mouth). We have been promised that if we get 10 OYM's a day, we will double our baptisms. We wanted to really get Lacamas Creek going, so 50 OYM's seemed like a good way to go. And guess what? WE DID IT! We talked to 52 people on Saturday, just through tracting! We taught 4 lessons at the doors and also got a new investigator! His name is Antonio, and he is just great. He is so in tune with the Spirit, and he is excited to learn more about the Gospel. We also got 8 potential investigators that we are going to go back and contact this week. That'll be good. Oh how I love this work! But wait! It gets better...

Yesterday, we had 7 investigators at church! All four of the Rodriguez's came (but they came to the 11 o'clock ward since they have their own church at 9), Elizabeth came, and Antonio came with his friend, David! It was so great. All of them really enjoyed church, and I think Antonio and David are going to come again next week. Isn't that great?! So technically we also got a new investigator on Sunday, because David is going to take the lessons with Antonio. We are just ecstatic. There is a reason that this blog post is titled "Best EVER!" Because this week really truly was the best. I have never been happier in my life! Seeing the light of Christ and the fullness of the Gospel touch people's lives is absolutely incredible. I can't even believe the effect that it is having on our investigators, let alone ourselves! I have grown SO MUCH since I've been here, and I still have 17 more months!

This week was amazing, as you can tell, and it has motivated Sister Major and I to work even harder. We are setting higher goals, and working as hard as we can to achieve/exceed them. I love Sister Major! We are learning so much from each other every single day, and we help motivate each other to do our best. I really hope that we are together for at least one more transfer. That would be great! Anyway, I love this Gospel and this work, and I am amazed each day at the work the Lord is doing through us in order to get his children back to Him. I can't believe a whole month has gone by already! Time needs to SLOW DOWN! Love you all!

Sister Guilott

P.S. Sister Major and I are singing at Zone Conference this Thursday (where we will be getting our iPads), and also at church on March 9th. If anyone has any song/duet suggestions for future performances, please let me know! Thanks!

"Washington's rain doesn't do good things to my hair...."

"Who took a bite out of Dad's letter to me?"


1 comment:

daleglynn said...

Nicole, Donnie and I are so proud to see you so excited with the Spirit. We love you.
Aunt Dale