Monday, March 9, 2015

Spring Forward

Dear Daylight Savings Time,

I am not a fan of you. I already get limited sleep as it is, seeing as I am a missionary and have a very strict schedule. I found it very inconsiderate of you to take another whole hour away from my precious slumber time. Please give it back. Thank you kindly.

Seriously, losing an hour of sleep was the WORST. And especially when church was at 9 o'clock the next morning! Can I get an "Amen?" Along with a lack of sleep comes a lack of substance for this email. I'm sorry! Sister Eyerly and I have been passing a vicious cold back and forth between the two of us for the past 3 weeks, and this week it was BAD. We were pretty much bedridden. We tried to get some splits going, but it was only successful once, so not much work happened this week. I have gotten cabin fever pretty intensely now too. I'm very grateful that we are both almost better, because that means we can get out and get working this week! Thank goodness.

The only thing we were really able to do that is worth talking about is attending our ward activity, the Chili Cook-Off! I know that that was always one of my favorite ward activities back home, so I was pumped! I had been asked to provide some entertainment toward the end, and it was requested that I do something fun, and then something "impressive." Well I didn't know what that meant so I asked one of the ward missionaries for suggestions and she said, "Why don't you play that silly song your mom wrote that you showed us the other day, and then end with Clair De Lune?" So that's what I did. :) I played and sang mom's song she wrote when she was a kid called, "My Horse Died Last Night," and then after everyone was done laughing, I played "Clair De Lune" to end the activity. It was nice. And the chili was amazing! Lots of nonmembers showed up, so we had quite the opportunity to get to know people and teach people a bit here and there. Everyone that came was SUPER nice, so hopefully we will get to meet with them soon.

I am truly so sorry for the lameness of this email... But we have been stuck in the house all week long so there really isn't anything interesting to tell you. :/ All I know, is that if you ask God for something, He gives it to you. I asked Him to help me improve the Christlike attribute of "patience," and boy did I get the chance to learn. I think I've learned what I need to for now though, so I am ready to move onto a different attribute! Maybe diligence. That's a good one. Now is the time to take the Daylight Savings Time phrase of "spring forward" literally, and jump into the work with gusto and determination! I love this work, and even on the down days I am grateful for the opportunity to be here learning and growing and bringing souls closer to Christ. I love you! Talk to you next week!

Love Always,

Sister Nicole Guilott

P.S. 
Since I didn't take any pictures this week, here are some silly selfies from today! Hahaha

No comments: