Monday, November 11, 2013

A Taste of my Mission

A couple days ago, on Saturday November 9th, I had the wonderful opportunity to have lunch with a Sister from my mission! Her name is Alexis Thomas.


She had been out for one year and had to come home for a little while to take care of some medical problems. She was only home for about 2 and a half months, and she's heading back out to Vancouver to finish the last 6 months of her mission TOMORROW!!! It was such a cool experience to get to talk to her about being a sister missionary. Not only did I get to hear about that, but we were able to talk about my specific mission and what it is going to be like! Every single thing she said made me so excited to get out there and get working! I only have

  72 days 

left until I enter the MTC, my friends! It's coming up super quick! It's crazy to think that right now, while I am focusing on school, my mission is coming closer and closer. By the time I'm done with school, I will have something like 30 days left. This is wonderful. I love this Gospel, and I can not wait to share it!


Also, look who I ran into at the Wyview Creamery? Sweet Sister Katy Armknecht hadn't even been in the MTC for 24 hours when she recognized my shirt and called out to me as I was walking home. How fun is that?? Will I live at Wyview whilst in the MTC? Who knows? AGH! I'm so excited!!!

No comments: