Tuesday, January 21, 2014

One Day More

Looks like this is it. I enter the MTC tomorrow which makes this my last post. (My lovely mother will be posting for me for the next 18 months. Isn't she a gem?) Speaking of my mother, I wanted to dedicate my last post from home to my family, the people who I will be leaving for 18 months to serve the Lord. I wouldn't be anywhere near where I am today without my family. My wonderful sisters, Emily and Caroline, have both helped strengthen me and have been such a beautiful example of pure goodness and joy. They are so sweet and genuinely kind hearted toward everyone around them, and they know how to have a good time. :) I love them dearly, and it will be hard at times to be away from them, but I know that my dedication to serving my mission will bless them. My Dad is the kindest and most spiritually in tune man I have ever met. I am so grateful for the example that he has set for me in leading me to make the right decisions, and teaching me to love and understand the Gospel and the effects it has on my every day life. He is an amazing father, and I am so grateful for him. And finally, my Mom. She is my absolute best friend, and there is no way I would be where I am today without her. She has been by my side during every trial and triumph, helped me know which path to choose and how to succeed, and simply loved me with an undying and incredibly loyal love that I will be forever grateful for and mindful of. She is my biggest fan, and I am who I am today because of her love and her example.



Family is the most important factor in this life and on into eternity. With the power of the Gospel, we have the privilege of being with them forever and ever, for this life and beyond. This is one of the greatest gifts that God has blessed us with. I cherish my family, and I know that serving a mission will bless them. I am so grateful for them and for the love and care that they have showed me throughout my life.

"You don't choose your family.
They are God's gift to you."
-Desmond Tutu

I couldn't be more excited to enter the MTC tomorrow and begin my 18 month adventure! I know that this Gospel is true, and I know that if you pray and "...ask God, the Eternal Father, in the name of Christ, if these things are not true; and if ye shall ask with a sincere heart, with real intent, having faith in Christ, he will manifest the truth of it unto you, by the power of the Holy Ghost." -Moroni 10:4. God hears your prayers and will always answer you. He knows me personally and perfectly, and He knows that Vancouver, Washington is where I am supposed to be. I love my family. Including God. He has supported me through everything, and I know that He will be close by my side the entire time I am serving. I love this Gospel. I love my Heavenly Father and His Son, Jesus Christ. I am grateful for His Atonement and for the love and understanding that I feel from Him daily. I am excited to serve in the Washington Vancouver Mission, and I can't wait to get started!

No comments: