Monday, May 11, 2015

Mom Day and Transfer News

 I like being busy, I really do.  I have always loved having things to do every hour of every day, and there is nothing better on the mission than being busy, but this week we were busy with things that weren't missionary work.  Not because we were disobedient, but simply because of the circumstances.  We had lots to do, but I want to tell you about the best part of the week first!
I got to talk to my wonderful family over skype!!! Happy Mother's Day!!! Oh my word, I love my family so so much, and there was no better reward for our business and our exhaustion than being able to talk to my sweet Mommy, Daddy, and sisters. :) It was so wonderful, I can't even describe to you just how happy it made me. My father is adorable as usual, my Mother GETS ME, Emily is beautiful as ever and Caroline is so full of sass it's amazing. I feel so lucky to be a part of the family I have - I'm pretty sure nobody's got it better than I do. It was great too because a lot of people get super trunky when they Skype home, especially when it's the last time they're gonna talk to them digitally before they go home, but I have found a happy medium between never wanting to leave my mission and wanting to go home and be with my family NOW. I feel like I'm really getting it now. I'm really understanding what missionary work is, and it won't devastate me to go home, but I'd be okay serving an extended mission too. I am super grateful I've made this discovery for myself; I think it will really help my performance as a missionary for the next 3 months. 

So the busy part of this week was only busy because we had to move out of our apartment, but it was like, a FULL move out. We had to transport dishes, furniture, extra stuff, missionary supplies, etc. out of sweet Sister Richardson's house and into the apartment with the STL's in the zone. After we packed everything and got it moved out, we had to go back and deep clean the empty apartment, which took longer than expected. PLUS, Sister Depew was sick all week, so she couldn't really participate in any of this which means... I did it pretty much by myself which is why it took so long. But the good news is, it's done now! We are officially moved in, but only for a little while (for me) because we got our transfer letters on Friday and you are never going to guess what they said... I am going to serve in the Mint Valley Ward in Longview, WA and my companion is going to be... SISTER LAMMI!!!!!!! Can you believe it? She is the Sister I was with when we made the "All About That Book" video! I thought it was a joke at first - President NEVER puts two companions back with each other. EVER. She only has one more transfer left, so I'm guessing it was probably her dying wish. Whatever it was, I'm not complaining. I'm super excited! But I'm also sad to leave this area, like always. There are some great people here!
"This is Sister Richardson, who I lived with for 12 weeks.  I sure love her!"
"The Pulsipher's!"
"My dearest Lori.  We spent a lot of our time at her house teaching her.  She is amazing."
"The Gresham Zone."
"My District!"
All of these people are amazing and have influenced my life in ways they probably won't ever know. I am super grateful for the time I have had to spend with them and to learn from them. I love missionaries, and I love God's children! Oh wait, that's everyone!!!! ;) I'm sorry this is short (again), but today we got in a minor car accident (we were rear ended at a stop light, but don't worry, everyone's fine) as well as having a zone meeting in the morning, cleaning Sister Richardson's house and attending various pday activities with the zone, so I am out of time. Know that I love you! It's so weird that the next time I see you will be in person rather than over Skype... Woo Hoo! Talk to you later!

Love Always,

Sister Nicole Guilott

P.S. A few more gems.

No comments: