Monday, February 16, 2015

Love is in the Air!‏

Happy Valentine's Day!!! Not gonna lie, holidays kind of aren't a thing when you're a missionary, so I definitely forgot it was Valentine's Day until we came home Saturday night and I had a package waiting for me! That was a joyous occasion. Lots of wonderful miracles happened this week! We had 12 Member Present lessons which was great, and every time we bring a member with us to a lesson, miracles happen. Making at least 12 tangible miracles that I can recall. BUT I will just tell you one or two. We brought this awesome girl named Jonaka with us twice this week. She is 19 and trying to decide whether or not she wants to serve a mission (she totally should because she's a natural). Anyway, one of the times we brought her with us, we taught two people. I sat down and taught a man named Dave, while Jonaka and Sister De Leon taught a man named Ralph. They both committed to come to church, we talked about baptism with both of them, and Dave read the whole Book of Mormon that very night. !!!! Baffled. At the end of our conversation with Dave he said, "I hate this. This feels so familiar. I always get an answer when I ask, but I'm nervous about what He's gonna tell me this time!" It was super cool. Then when we invited him to be baptized he said, "if I get the answer that his is true, I'll be baptized that day." It was seriously amazing. Unfortunately his car broke and he didn't make it to church on Sunday, so we didn't hear his answer. But we will find out this week! Oh... Actually... That brings me to my next point...

I'm being transferred. We got our letters on Thursday, and transfers are tomorrow. I am being moved to the Columbia Ward in Gresham, Oregon and my new companion is Sister Eyerly. I don't know her very well, but the few times we've interacted I've thought she is cool, so I'm not worried about that. The only thing is that I love this Ward with my whole heart. I know I say that every time transfers come around, but this Ward has a special place in my heart. I've been here for 4 and a half months, and I have REALLY connected with the people. Add that to the way the work has taken off here, and I'm pretty sad that I have to leave in the middle of it all. I love love love this area. But Sister De Leon is training here in the 1st Ward, and she is stellar so I'm sure this area will be well taken care of. 

Because I'm being transferred, I have been very busy today. Which means I don't have any more time to write this email... But I love you all and I am excited to see what happens in Gresham! Hope you all had a happy Valentine's Day! I'll talk to you next week! 

Love Always,

Sister Nicole Guilott

P.S. Pictures!
"Sweet Riya had ear surgery, and her cute little wrap made her seem even crazier."


No comments: