Monday, February 2, 2015

The Truth of God will Go Forth!‏

"The Standard of Truth has been erected; no unhallowed hand can stop the work from progressing; persecutions may rage, mobs may combine, armies may assemble, calumny may defame, but the truth of God will go forth boldly, nobly, and independent, till it has penetrated every continent, visited every clime, swept every country, and sounded in every ear, till the purposes of God shall be accomplished, and the Great Jehovah shall say the work is done."

This is one of the mottos that we recite every morning as a part of our companion study, and it is a powerful reminder of the importance of this work, and the knowledge that it is God's work. If it was our own, it could be stopped, but He is the almighty God, and His gospel will go forth until EVERYONE has had a chance to learn it for themselves. This week has been such a blessing. I feel like I am not doing anything anymore, it's all God. I just walk around and He places people in our path that we are to teach and bring back to Him. It's seriously the coolest feeling in the world. 
"We decided to have fun becoming kinda "ghetto" for Pday today."
"I even figured out how to corn row Sister De Leon's hair!"
We thought this would be a super slow week because of our injuries. Oh, have I told you about our injuries? I don't think so. Don't worry, nothing to panic about. Long story short, I have a torn meniscus and my companion has a broken toe. Hers is pretty bad and she often needs to use a crutch. Mine is bearable with a brace. So we look like a bunch of fools hobbling around town trying to teach the gospel! But remember, God's work will go forth no matter what. Because we were slowed down, the Lord literally placed people in front of us for us to teach. Almost every single person we talked to became a lesson, and quite a few became new investigators or referrals. We taught 38 lessons this week, and we spent almost 2 days inside so Sister De Leon could elevate her foot. 38 lessons! And it was EASY. Our goal for this next week is to reach 50 lessons. Wouldn't that be great? 
Because we are kind of immobile, we had to think of creative ways to share the gospel with as many people as we could reach. One day, we stood in the middle of an apartment complex (nicknamed "Felony Flats") and started singing "Amazing Grace" all loud, harmonizing, and singing with soul. People came out of their apartments all over the place to listen to us. We taught like 5 lessons right there to the people living in Felony Flats, got a bunch of return appointments, and got at least 2 new investigators. It was amazing. What was even better is that the next day I received a letter from Mom suggesting that we find new and creative ways to contact people. I giggled. God doesn't do random. 

So Riya's baptism is on Saturday, and yesterday she was the first one in sacrament meeting to bear her testimony. It was precious. This is part of what she said: 

"I just wanted to share my testimony about Jesus. I have felt the spirit just... Come up to me. The spirit came up to me. I've never had this feeling before! I thought I'd never have feelings like this again, but I know that I will have more feelings as I am baptized and with the Holy Ghost." 

It was the sweetest thing in the world, and of course everyone was amazed and cried a little bit. So tender! (Side note: did you know that the Washington state government officially and legally changed the name of the state to "Hawkington" over the weekend until Monday morning at 12:01 am? For the Seahawks... Too bad they lost. Awkward!) After church, we got home and began our limpy gimpy way to the house when we saw this:
"No obstacles will stand in the way of your success this month."
Like I said, GOD DOESN'T DO RANDOM!!! He wants His work to go forth, and no obstacles are gonna stand in His way! I love this work, and I love being a part of it. I love you all! Talk to you next week! 

Love Always,

Sister Nicole Guilott

P.s. Pictures. :)
"De Leon's first Popeyes experience for Mardi Gras!"
"Doctor Day."
"We can't take pretty pictures."


No comments: