Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Short and Sweet

Hello!

I am super terribly sorry, but I don't have a whole lot of time today. First of all, today was SUPPOSED to be the day we hiked Mount St. Helens, but they changed their minds because of the season. We don't have ice picks or snow gear so... They called it off. Even though I already paid for my permit and we can't get a refund. That kinda stinks, but hey. Just one more thing to do when I come back and visit the mission! This week was wonderful. One of the best parts? I got to hold a chinchilla! 
Just kidding, that wasn't the BEST part, but it was pretty great. The best part of this week was Zone Conference. President Taylor is just full of so much wisdom!!! I learned more in that 6 hours than I do in like a 6 week period on my mission. When we got home we were so tired... That happens sometimes. When you are so filled with the Spirit, it exhausts you because He talks straight to our spirit. It's the best feeling. Some tidbits that I learned from both President Taylor and the Spirit include some super wise words... "Fence sitting hurts." Wisdom, right?! It's such a simple statement, but it's also pretty deep. The Gospel is like a big huge delicious pie, but sometimes people try and eat the whole pie (learn all the doctrine) at once, and they make themselves sick! We were told not to try and consume it all at once and make ourselves sick, swearing it off for good because it is too much to handle all the first time and all at once. Such good advice! Go one piece of pie at a time. Learn about a new aspect of the Gospel, pray to know if it's true, and then move on to another principle. That's the best way to gain a testimony of this Gospel: one step at a time. 

I'm so sorry, but I seriously have no time. Here are some wonderful gem quotes that I heard at Zone Conference and at various times throughout the week that are some fruit for thought:

"Christ changes people, and changed people change the world."

"If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything."

"A woman's instinct is wiser than reason." -The movie, "The Testaments." Hahahaha

Pretty great, huh? Someone else said something too this week that I adapted into my own statement. It's this: It is incredibly humbling when I look at my responsibilities, but it's encouraging when I see my support. That's totally how I feel lately. Being a missionary is super hard, but I am supported by so many amazing people, I am overwhelmed by the love I feel. I just wanted to take a second out of my incredibly short email to thank you for loving me and supporting me. I only have 99 days left on the mission as of today, and though I am nervous to come home and leave mission life, I am excited to be able to thank you all personally. I love you and will talk to you again next week! Have a wonderful week!

Love Always,

Sister Nicole Guilott

P.S. More pictures!
"My dear Sister Soper.  She is an office missionary, and her time is almost up!  I 'm so sad!  But I sure love her!"

No comments: