Monday, July 13, 2015

El Trio Loco‏

Being an English and Spanish-speaking missionary at the same time has been SO MUCH FUN. :) There is so much more that I get to do now that we are working in both areas and teaching so many people, we are busy every minute of every day! It's wonderful! We had some pretty fun experiences this week, as well as many mind boggling miracles.  In case you didn't know, the title of this posts means "The Crazy Three." That is what we are! This week we went to Seaside  to teach some of the Spanish investigators we have up there. It was the first time I've been to the beach on my mission! I wanted to play in the water SO BAD!!! Don't worry though; I'm an obedient missionary.
It was beautiful! Next week we are going to stop by the Goonies house in Astoria! How fun. There is a TON of work in Seaside and Astoria, but there aren't any Spanish missionaries over there, so we cover it. Crazy town. But I'm not complaining! Also, my Spanish is coming along SUPER fast. I am loving it! In one lesson this week, I was able to teach a principle, testify, AND say the closing prayer all by myself, and all in Spanish! It was wonderful! I felt pretty cool. 

As for the English teaching, it was a pretty good week too. :) We put someone on date for baptism this morning for August 1st, and I think she will really follow through! She is a wonderful woman, and it was kind of a fluke that she became an investigator, but then again not, because God doesn't do random. :) We had another experience that seemed "flukish" too. We were going to try a potential investigator at these apartments, but before we got to her door, we stopped and talked to these two women who were sitting on the roof drinking and smoking, and one of them asked if we would come upstairs and teach her 5 year old son. We were slightly shocked, but hey, OF COURSE we went and taught her son. He had been through a lot of abuse by his father and his step brother, and he told us that God didn't exist because He didn't help him. We taught him about prayer, and he prayed with us and said he already felt better. It was so sweet. The good news is, we are going back to teach him and his mom at least once a week. They were so sweet, and so ready to hear the gospel! It will help that little boy and his mother more than anything else can. :)

I'm terribly sorry that this email is short... But I am fresh out of time. I love you very much, and I can't wait to tell you more next week! Les quiero! Asta la proxima! 

Love Always,

Sister Nicole Guilott

P.S. The good stuff. I don't know what was up with cats this week...
"This describes our relationship quite well. :)"

No comments: