Monday, July 27, 2015

"For My Name"

I can't believe that I am now down to only 6 proselyting days left... I still don't really understand what is happening, but instead of trying to figure it out, I am doing all I can to focus completely on the work just like any other week in the mission. The past couple weeks have been hard, but the Lord is still taking care of us. We haven't seen a whole lot of success, or a whole lot of work for that matter, in the past two or three weeks, and we have gotten pretty bummed because of it. So last week I prayed very very hard for a miracle. It's been SUPER difficult trying to balance both the Mint Valley work and the work in the Spanish Branch, partly because my Hermanas aren't a huge fan of "white people work" and partly because it is so exciting for me to be doing Spanish work. Mint Valley has kind of become a bit difficult to remember to keep as a focus. So I prayed for a Mint Valley Miracle, and sure enough, I got one. :) 

Two weeks ago (or maybe it was last week, I don't get time anymore), while we were helping Mary and Charlie and co. move out, Sam (the 17 year old daughter) had a friend over named Cameron who is also 17. He was there to help us pack and help get them moved and stuff. I talked to him briefly and mentioned the gospel a few times, and by the time he left he committed to come to church. But he is a 17 year old kid, so I figured I'd probably never see him again since I didn't have any of his contact info. Well yesterday, HE CAME TO CHURCH! It doesn't stop there. He stayed all 3 hours and he LOVED it. He asked me after church when is the soonest time he could be baptized. !!!!!!! I didn't get too excited though because he hasn't even had a single lesson yet, so he technically doesn't know hardly anything, but he sure felt the Spirit. He wants to be taught as often as possible this week, so we are starting tonight and hopefully teaching him every day. He is such a good kid, and he knows that he wants what is right, and he could tell that the Spirit was talking to him and testifying of the truth. It was so exciting. I can't wait to teach him and see where things go. God sure provides for his missionaries!
We are starting to do a lot of things that are making me realize my mission is coming to a close... This Friday I had my departing temple trip with all the missionaries who will be going home with me next week. President and Sister Taylor were there, as well as President Lowder (the 2nd Counselor in the Mission Presidency). It was a beautiful session. :) When we got to the Celestial Room, I went by myself and prayed. We didn't have a lot of time to be there, but I was sentimental because I knew it would be my last time in the Portland Temple while on my mission, so I took time to reflect and to ask Heavenly Father for guidance. I didn't really know what I should say though, I had so much to ask, but I didn't want to be confused so I just said, "You know what I'm feeling - please help me." I opened the scriptures and searched the page for an answer. I ended up in Doctrine and Covenants Section 126 which is only 3 verses long and says,

"1 Dear and well-beloved [sister], [Nicole Guilott], verily thus saith the Lord unto you: My servant [Sister Guilott], it is no more required at your hand to leave your family as in times past, for your offering is acceptable to me.

 2 I have seen your labor and toil in journeyings for my name.

 3 I therefore command you to send my word abroad, and take especial care of your family from this time, henceforth and forever. Amen."

I clearly edited it a little bit, but the message is the same. My mind was blown, in a not surprised at all way. I knew He would answer me, but I didn't know it would be that clear. My entire 18 months on the mission I have been working and serving for Christ's name. My purpose is to invite others to come unto Christ by helping them receive the restored gospel through faith in Jesus Christ and His Atonement, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the holy ghost, and enduring to the end. Though my purpose will change when I come home, I will always be striving to do things in the name of Jesus Christ. God commanded me to send His word abroad, and that I will do, at the same time that I am taking special care of my family. I am so grateful for that answer. I am so grateful for this work, and I am looking so forward to my last 6 or 7 days. I will make Him proud. I love you and will talk to you next week!

Love Always,

Sister Nicole Guilott

P.S. The rest
"Picking some blueberries!"

"Theresa.  What a hoot.  I'll sure miss her!"
"My companions.  Aren't they adorable?"
"Typical hispanic door.  Hahaha"


No comments: