Monday, March 31, 2014

Too Much To Tell!

Hello there everyone. This was such a good week! We did plenty of things every day, remaining very busy Sisters at all times! It's a tad exhausting, but very good! The title of this post is because so many things happened this week, but I don't have enough time to tell you everything in detail! I'll give brief little explanations about a few of the many events that took place.

On Tuesday night, we had a beautiful lesson with the Rodriguez family, to which we brought Sister Taylor (our Missions Mom) with us! It was a phenomenal lesson, Josè even said he knows that the Book of Mormon is true and that Joseph Smith was a prophet of God! They don't want to be baptized, but they have such faith and such good genuine hearts! We love them dearly. We saw them twice this week because we went over after the General Women's Broadcast on Saturday night. They really are such a good family. We will be the best of friends forever, I know it.

Sister Taylor stayed with us after the Rodriguez's appointment to observe our planning.
She's a wonderful lady!
Tracting this week was great. We didn't get to do it very much because we were so booked with lessons! A couple good tracting stories though: one door we knocked on took a minute to answer the door and when they did, there was a 20 something year old Italian boy with a lovely accent, and he was shirtless. It took us both a minute before we could say anything, and we sounded confused and weird when we finally introduced ourselves. A few houses down and a couple days later we went to contact a woman we tracted into on shirtless Italian boy day, and a woman from Peru answered the door, only knowing how to speak Spanish. Suddenly, I could recall almost everything I learned in Spanish class (which I haven't used since taking Spanish tests), and spoke in Spanish to this lady about the Gospel! The gift of tongues is real, my friends. We got a return appointment and promised we would bring a translator who could go into more detail with her. It was awesome!

One night, we were at Peggy's house, who we love and adore, and she told us about her Atheist view on things and that she didn't want us to teach her the lessons because it "makes [her] sad to see such beautiful bright young ladies teaching things like this." It broke our hearts. She used to know God, and now she denies Him. I thought about being a parent and having one of my children not being able to recognize me as their parent and caregiver, and it made me so sad for Heavenly Father who has billions of children like that! :( The next day was the Women's Broadcast and it was PERFECT. Everything that was said was exactly for me. I love how that always seems to happen. If you didn't get a chance to watch the broadcast, go to lds.org immediately and watch it. It truly was beautiful.

We found a few new investigator this week: Bob, Taylor, two Philippino gentlemen who's names I can't pronounce, and the Peruvian lady named Mercedes and her daughter. The Philippino guys may need a translator, but we haven't found one yet, so we might end up asking friends from home who speak Tagalog to FaceTime a few lessons with us so they can translate. Pretty cool, eh?

Guess what. I had venison for the first time for dinner on Sunday. It was... Well I'm not going to be eating it again. I'm SOOOOO glad I don't hunt. It was bearable, just not something I would ever choose to eat. I think I'll stick with my Louisiana Chicken from Popeyes for now. :P

We had some good experiences this week with people saying things like, "I don't belong to any church because they all believe that if you're not a member of their church you are going to Hell," and "I stopped going to church because the doctrine changed from 'we are all brothers and sisters and should love each other for who we are' to 'get out there and convert so that you can accept others!'" Well guess what. We don't believe that you are going to Hell if you're not a member of the church. And we do believe in loving everyone because they are your brothers and sisters. There were SO many situations like that this week where we got to give people an answer that meant something to them. I'm excited to go back and have more lessons with those people.

We got to do some great service this week too! We painted a room for a member's wife! She's not a member, but is the absolute nicest lady ever! Take a little looksy:

Before....


Getting there!
It was so much fun! We sure love painting! It took us about 5 and a half hours to paint the room, but it was worth it. Everyone find a way to serve somebody else this week! It's so rewarding! I'm sorry this email is brief, but I promise I'll do better next week! Miraculous things are happening in our little ward of Lacamas Creek! I will continue to pray for you! I love you!

Love Always,

Sister Guilott

No comments: