Monday, January 26, 2015

Bring His Sheep to the Fold‏

Today we were super busy doing fun things for Pday. We went bowling in the morning, then went shopping, then played soccer and finally ended at the church building to play basketball and volleyball. It was great. :)
This week was truly amazing. We went on exchanges Monday night and all day Tuesday, had a revelatory Zone Conference on Wednesday, then had Erica's baptism on Saturday and her confirmation on Sunday! Oh boy, it was beautiful. I learned so much at each of these momentous occasions! I went to Salmon Creek with Sister Boatright for exchanges, and I learned so much about how to be efficient with my time, even if it's just 5-7 minutes that we have to spare. None of this dilly dallying! Zone Conference was amazing. Sister De Leon and I sang a song that we sort of made up last weekend: a mash up of "I Am a Child of God" and "Nearer My God to Thee." It turned out to be pretty good, I think. :) The Zone Conference was focused on Identity, Unity, and the Urgency of the work we are doing. It definitely pumped us up a lot! 
The best part of the week was Erica's baptism. She is such a choice daughter of God, and her baptism was truly incredible. I gave a nervous talk on Baptism and Sister Borchardt gave a talk on the Holy Ghost. The actual baptism went smoothly, and the way her face lit up when she came out of the water was priceless. :) Little sweet Riya was leading the music in her chair, so Sister De Leon had her go up to the front and lead the music with her. It was precious. When we talked to Erica at dinner afterwards, she said she felt like a weight had been lifted that she didn't even know was there. Like her blouse was a little too big in the shoulders now or something. :) I really liked that description. Her confirmation the next day was just as wonderful. Bishop confirmed her a member of the church and gave her the Gift of the Holy Ghost, and it was like we could feel it descend from Heaven into her body. It was very cool. 
All in all, this week was filled with miracles and happiness. I'm so grateful for the saving power of the Atonement, and for the love our Savior has for each of us. Attend a baptism sometime soon if you can! It really is the best feeling in the world. I love you!

Love Always, 

Sister Nicole Guilott

P.S. Some pictures from the week! 
 


No comments: